Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad2 is unable to determine my location for apps like maps,find iPhone, etc.

My ipad2 is unable to determine my location for apps like maps, find iPhone, etc. This is occurring only at my current home wireless network. The ipad2 location services are turned on and functions properly at other home wifi networks. How can I fix so it can find my location?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 3:59 PM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2012 4:19 PM in response to Narnold754

This is occurring only at my current home wireless network.

Tap Settings > General > Reset Network Settings then restart the iPad.

Hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button down at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, tap Settings > Wi-Fi > Forget this Network

Then set it back up again.

And try these support articles...

iOS 5: Understanding Location Services

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Apr 29, 2013 5:01 PM in response to Narnold754

I had this problem too and I tried all other solutions from resetting the device etc and that didn't work.

What finally worked for me is when I was connected to my home router / wifi network, I went into my WIFI settings in the Settings menu within my iPad and changed the default DNS setting from 192.168.0.1 and changed it to something more generic like Google's DNS (8.8.8.8)

Once I made that change, the next time I logged into iCloud and used Find My Iphone to see all my devices, I was able to find and geolocate my iPad.

Hope this works for you too 🙂

My ipad2 is unable to determine my location for apps like maps,find iPhone, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.