Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Pages does not sync with iCloud

If I create a Pages,Numbers,Keynote doc on my iPad 2, it pushes up to iCloud no problem. It will not, however, push it over to my iPhone 4S. Yes, they are on the same iCloud account. Settings are all switched on.

Photostream, however, does work.

Pics taken with iPhone move to iCloud, appear in iPhoto, come back down to iPhone photostream.

It's just the documents suite that will not propagate to iPhone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 4:08 PM

9 replies

May 5, 2012 5:15 PM in response to James Pejril

I just had this same problem and managed to fix it. Here's what I did:

• Open Settings app
  • Go to "iCloud"
  • Scroll down and tap on "Documents & Data"
  • Switch the "Documents & Data" toggle off. You'll get a warning about erasing any data stored in iCloud.
  • Launch Pages. You should get a notice about not being able to use iCloud to store data.
  • Go back to the Settings app, back into iCloud -> Documents & Data -> switch on the Documents & Data toggle.
  • You may need to back out to the main screen in the Settings app, then go into Pages settings, and flip on the "Use iCloud" toggle.
  • Open Pages app again.

After resetting iCloud document & data syncing on my device like this, Pages started syncing properly with iCloud. Any documents I edit on my iPad now show up on my iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Jul 19, 2012 8:27 PM in response to jhbrd

I solved it.

Here's what I did. Hope it works for you if you have the same issue.

Apparently, there is a (not very well) known issue with migrating from Mobile Me to iCloud.

Turn off iCloud Sync for "Documents and Data".

Turn off iCloud Sync for each of the iWork apps.

Look under "Settings" › "Mail,Contacts,Calendars" and see if you have a Mail Account listed as Mobile Me. If you do, delete it.

Turn all iCloud syncing settings back on.

I did not. But, I had two Accounts listed as iCloud. One was my primary iCloud account which was syncing everything. The other was just syncing mail. I deleted the secondary account.

Documents in the Cloud immediately began to work.

Since I still wanted to check the mail for that account on my iPhone, I reinstalled the account.

Documents in the cloud still worked.

It just needed to be toggled off and on.

Go figure.

Hope this helps.

Jul 29, 2012 4:48 PM in response to James Pejril

I have the syncing problem as well but I don't have a MobileMe account at all...

I just tried a system restore and now I can see the uploading bar at the bottom of the document I created on iPad, but it stuck at 50%... I guess I somehow made a progress, before the restore, I didn't even get to see the uploading bar. All I see is an arrow pointing up at the top right corner of the file...

Update: Okay, I lied. I just went back and checked the "uploading" documents again. The annoying arrow magically returned! I spent hours on tweaking it and reset all settings. And all efforts are in vain! Who can help me!

iPhone Pages does not sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.