Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i accidentally deleted my mail icon and application, how can i retrieve my mail icon?

i accidentally deleted my mail icon and application, how can i retrieve my mail icon/ application?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 6:17 PM

14 replies

Mar 8, 2017 6:41 AM in response to Rzbutt

This forum is for OS 10.5 Leopard for Macs

Your problem, hardware or software, is not the same as that of the original poster of this older thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread, which can also result in you applying the wrong advice to your particular problem.

In order for us to give your problem our proper attention to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac or iDevice you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question. Please remember to post in the forum relevant to your hardware or version of OS X. A full list of all the support forums is here:

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

Jan 23, 2012 6:36 PM in response to burhanz

burhanz,

Have you searched for Mail using Spotlight? If you have completed a thorough search of your HD and are sure that it is no longer in the Applications Folder use these steps to reinstall Mail.

To reinstall Mail, you must have a system installation disk. Here is the procedure for OS X 10.6, or 10.5.

1. Insert the Installation disk into the computer.

2. The disk will appear on the desktop.

3. Double click on the "Optional Installs" folder.

4. Double click on the "Optional Installs.mpkg."

5. Click on (Continue) in Introduction.

6. Click on (Continue) in Software License Agreement.

7. Click on (Agree) to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.

8. Click on the disclosure arrow ▶ next to Applications.

9. Select (✓) Mail.

10. Click (Continue).

11. After Mail has been reinstalled, download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1, for Snow Leopard or Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update for Leopard to bring Mail up to the most recent version.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2012 10:25 AM in response to lost123123

Lost...,

I am not well versed in obtaining older versions of OS X. The installation disk will not be available through Apple, but there are other sources available which may or may not be reliable. The model of your computer must also be considered when obtaining OS X installation disks and considering upgrade options. I recommend that you post your question in the Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard: Mac OS & System Software: Apple Support Communities Forum.

User uploaded file

Apr 13, 2012 12:16 PM in response to lost123123

Leopard requirements/10.5.x...

* Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor

minimum system requirements

* 512MB of memory (I say 1.5GB for PPC at least, 2-3GB minimum for IntelMacs)

* DVD drive for installation

* 9GB of available disk space (I say 30GB at least)

Classic/OS9 Apps no longer supported.

Trouble is Apple no longer sells it, check eBay & such for the Retail version, not the Gray Discs...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=mac+os+x+leopard+retail+10.5

i accidentally deleted my mail icon and application, how can i retrieve my mail icon?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.