Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Triple Click Home only Partially Turns Off VoiceOver

I'm about to do a presentation at Macworld | iWorld called Blindfolded! where I'm going to demonstrate using an iPhone and Mac blindfolded (I'm a sightling myself). I've been practicing for about 6 weeks now and I think I'm actually going to pull this off.

However, I have one problem that has started up. I have triple click home set to toggle VoiceOver on and off. It comes on just fine, but lately (not originally) when I triple click home VoiceOver doesn't completely stop. For example, she keeps reading everything for me, and drawing boxes around things I've selected, but the gestures are for a sighted person (e.g. single tap to open an app, single finger to swipe).

When this happens, I have to manually navigate into VoiceOver settings and when I get there I can see that the phone thinks VoiceOver is still on. I can turn it off manually and it works.

anyone seen this problem before?

thanks,

Allison Sheridan

NosillaCast Mac Podcast

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 23, 2012 9:31 PM

2 replies

Triple Click Home only Partially Turns Off VoiceOver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.