Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MBP suddenly starts to work slowly

Hello everyone,

Last night i was imported my photos and videos from my canon 5d with iphoto. After imported images i shutdown the program and my laptop.

After i came home i try to open the laptop and it failed. So i tried to start with safemode and it worked. But now its working incredibly slowly and everytime i try to move those images or starting the iphoto, its works really really slowly and cant move the image files. Any ideas?

Thanks,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:01 AM

4 replies

Jan 24, 2012 11:04 AM in response to Efe Yilmaz

OK, that should be plenty of free space, but on the actual Desktop, how many items are there, more than 20-30 can really slow down OSX. 100s of items on the Desktop can grind OSX to a near standstill.

Open Activity Monitor in Applications>Utilities, select All Processes & sort on CPU%, any indications there?

How much RAM & free space do you have also, click on the Memory & Disk Usage Tabs.

In the Memory tab, are there a lot of Pageouts?

My MBP suddenly starts to work slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.