Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Superfast broadband and Time Capsule

I have just had superfast broadband installed - I live in the UK - and now my Time Capsule will not backup. It has not been moved and is always connected wirelessly but now it just does not show up on the Airport Utility for selection.

Help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:39 AM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2012 6:43 AM in response to Jardange

After installing the new hardware, did you do a full power cycle of the equipment you have? Take all of the equipment down in power, disconnect the power lines to make sure they are actually shutdown, then start back up sequentially starting with the broadband modem, let that stabilize for 10-15 minutes, then work your way down the line one at a time letting each stabilize.

See if that reestablishes the connection.

Jan 24, 2012 6:49 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

Hi Ralph - the engineer restarted the new modem and the BT hub and then the TV which also requires a broadband connection. I have turned off my computer several times and although the internet is way faster my Mac is not talking to my Time Capsule. I would have thought that everything would have 're-sinc' ed after that - sorry I'm not a nerd ... I'm a granny ... so not sure I have understood you correctly.

Thanks for trying ...

Superfast broadband and Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.