Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud on MacBookPro not my primary account?

I'm in a mess. Why am I getting this mesage when I click on tyhe iCloud icon in System Preferences? I don't seem to be able to make it my primary account because if I attempt to log out the darn thing wants to remove email, calendars, Uncle Tom Cobbly and all!

In the old fashioned days of Mobile Me, I had by Apple account running perfectly and my wife could sync our calendars etc on her iMac with no problems...

Now, it's all gone awal... I did purchase an iPhone 4 six months ago and I'm wondering if that's become the Primary account.

So how do I go about reversing this without loosing every business contact and appointment I have on my MacBook Pro?

MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, Mac OS X (10.7), MacBookPro 2.4GHz iMac 2.2GHz,

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 9:24 AM

The first iCloud account you enter, in System Preferences>iCloud, is the primary account and will sync calendars etc. You can enter a second account at System Preferences>Mail, Contacts & Calendars to access another account's email but it will not sync your calendars etc. Syncing can take place only to one account.

If you are not signed in to the account you want to use you need to sign out. Before doing this you can uncheck each facility in the list, whereupon you will be asked if you want to save your data on your Mac.

When you sign into a different account syncing will take place from its calendars etc.

Only calendars and contacts listed under 'iCloud' are affected by this. Data under 'On My Mac' is not affected and is not syncing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2012 9:24 AM in response to Barry Wilbraham1

The first iCloud account you enter, in System Preferences>iCloud, is the primary account and will sync calendars etc. You can enter a second account at System Preferences>Mail, Contacts & Calendars to access another account's email but it will not sync your calendars etc. Syncing can take place only to one account.

If you are not signed in to the account you want to use you need to sign out. Before doing this you can uncheck each facility in the list, whereupon you will be asked if you want to save your data on your Mac.

When you sign into a different account syncing will take place from its calendars etc.

Only calendars and contacts listed under 'iCloud' are affected by this. Data under 'On My Mac' is not affected and is not syncing.

iCloud on MacBookPro not my primary account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.