Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac pro wireless card not connecting to the Internet

I've just installed an airport card into my 7 yr old Mac pro and it's struggling to see a network. When it does finally pick it up it's timing out when I enter the password. Can anyone help?

AirPort Express 802.11n (1st Gen), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 11:58 AM

5 replies

Jan 24, 2012 2:17 PM in response to The hatter

Thanks Hatter and Kujako

A bit more information - I'm running a happy and well maintained apple wireless network using an Airport Extreme Base station with two Airort Express extensions.

The Base station sits on my Mac Pro and they're usually connected via LAN, however, I need to move the base station to another room and start to connect the MAc Pro via wireless. To that end, I bought a wireless card, I think it's the same one you've referenced here http://www.bluevoices.com/computers/apple-airport-wireless-card-for-mac-pro-netw ork-adapter-802-11b-802-11a-802-11g-802-11n-draft/.

In network preferences the airport option dipslays but shows as yellow. I can sometimes get my network to show in the available networks (but not consistently) and when I try to enter the password I either get an invalid password message or a timeout message.

It's also worth noting that I've got various other devices connected to the network with no problems.

Any ideas?

Mac pro wireless card not connecting to the Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.