Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jump to Chapter

Hi

is there anyone around who can tell if it is possible to jump to a specific Chapter from an app or an modified url:scheme,

like you can do it from ItunesU Courses (Posts) as you can see on the last SpecialEvent from Apple

(51:28 min)

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/1201oihbafvpihboijhpihbasdouhbasv/event/in dex.html

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 4:26 PM

10 replies

Jan 24, 2012 5:09 PM in response to K T

that doesn't help me, cause what im trying to do is to open the book itself from outside (another app or through a url scheme) so does the book opens a specific chapter.

Pherhaps you will take a look at the Apple Special Event on the specific minutes (51:28).

I've allready got a book with bookmarks and hyperlinks which works fine if you click them inside the book.

Thanks anyway.

Jan 24, 2012 5:19 PM in response to K T

Could you provide me a sample code on pastebin or whatever, haven't found a solution while i was searching over 2 days for it?

it should open my book with ibooks app on chapter 8 (anchor-8).

Like i said in ItunesU Courses it is allready implented, but i don't be in an education or something like that, i need to use that kind for private purpose.

Mar 18, 2014 5:41 PM in response to sirissen

You want to use and link from an app which will open an ibook on another persons computer and open the iBook app and the particular book at a specific chapter?

My first thoughts are.. its only ever going to apply to a person who has a Mac with Mavericks installed or an iPad.

I cannot see this being possible - but as KT said in his reply he could do it using an app.

That being factual, then maybe the best place to ask your question is an app related discussion group or the app developers.

I dont have time or enough DL quota to spend an hour going through the video link... which is the iPad keynote.

Jump to Chapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.