Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recreate the com.apple.calendarserver user account?

Hi everybody!

I migrated my Snow Leopard server to Lion and discovered (to my annoyance) that it doesn't run an Open Directory server by default. This is bad since we have several Macs that rely on this feature. As you all know, Apple ***** badly as far as the documentation or support for Mac OS Server is concerned.

Anyway, with a lot of research I got my OD up and running again, including all the user accounts. There is just one victim: the com.apple.calendarserver user account. It is not in OD anymore, and it is not in the local user database. Consequently, email invitations in iCal don't work, which again ***** badly.

Can any of you guys tell me a way to recreate this user account without blowing the rest of the server out of the water?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Jörg

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Server

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 4:50 PM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2012 5:15 PM in response to Jörg Maaß

Hi everybody,

I finally hit the right spot, I think. Having a look at the server settings via

# sudo serveradmin settings calendar::Scheduling

revealed that they were all wrong. I looked up my System key chain and voila, there is an entry for icalserver.invitations. I retrieved the password and checked if it worked by entering

# sudo doveadm auth com.apple.calendarserver <password from key chain>

It worked! So I fixed the server settings via

# sudo serveradmin stop calendar

# sudo serveradmin settings calendar::Scheduling:iMIP:Sending:Password="<password from key chain>"

# sudo serveradmin settings calendar::Scheduling:iMIP:Receiving:Password="<password from key chain"

# sudo serveradmin start calendar

Everthing seems to be running happy dandy right now, I'll test some more and report back to you guys if I run into more glitches.

Thanks, Apple, for providing a totally unhelpful documentation...

How to recreate the com.apple.calendarserver user account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.