Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot select the "Enable a hyperlink" in ibooks author. Anybody knows why?

I selected a word in the document and then followed the instruction to go to Inspector and opened the Link, but Enable a hyperlink was greyed out. Also cannot type anyhing in Add Bookmark. Doyou know why and how to do it right? Thanks.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 6:12 PM

10 replies

Jan 24, 2012 11:54 PM in response to feigwai

One thing comes to mind.

You created a text box with the words 'Type to enter text' already created within it. You then selected the text and typed to remove the dummy text and create your words. You then selected your word to hyperlink. If you use this process the check box to enable the hyperlink is greyed out and you can't use it.

under this scenario what you have to do is, when the text box is created, select all the text and press DELETE. Once you press delete, the check box becomes active.

Hope this helps in some way.

Jan 25, 2012 11:49 AM in response to Invictu

Thank you Invictu and K T, for some reason, I tried again this morning and it worked. I did exactly what I did last night. It's strange. But yesterday, one of the preface pages must have a problem, because everytime I tried to preview the book on ipad, it crashed. The problem was solved after I checked page by page and found out which page was the problem page. I removed that page and now it's fine. Thanks for advice.

Dec 26, 2012 7:58 AM in response to Invictu

Thank you! This helped me! Now, the only thing that is still grayed out are bookmarks.

Once I'm at it, how do I apply style to hyperlinks? I know how to apply styles to text, but once I make it a hyperlink it goes back to the template styling and underlines it. I want to define the states of the hyperlink and I don't want it underlined.

And, one more thing, how do I make an image a hyperlink?

Thank you thank you thank you

I cannot select the "Enable a hyperlink" in ibooks author. Anybody knows why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.