Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newsstand never downloads content automatically

I have over 8 subscriptions in newsstand including wired, National Geographic, Popular Photography, the Daily, Spin ect... None of these magazines ever download in the background when a new issue becomes available. I have over 700MB of space free on my iPad. Any thoughts?

Thanks

David

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 6:09 AM

11 replies

Mar 12, 2012 8:30 PM in response to David Crisp

Here we are in mid-March with Apple announcing the NEW iPad already, and we still have no fix for Newstand. I have performed the same old reboot and restore catch-alls that have been suggested (already quite familiar to us former Windows users) and still have yet to experience a single auto download of the NYTimes, New Yorker or any less popular subscriptions. Do you suppose Apple bothers to monitor this stuff, or is it too busy churning new products that don't work as advertised? iCloud is way worse than Newstand, and it hasn't been fixed either. Not only does it not sync correctly, but it still insists my email address on my iPad is one it gave me back in MobileMe days that I never used--ever, honest.

Jun 28, 2013 3:53 AM in response to David Crisp

I have this same issue . I'm running iOS 6.1.3 and each day I have to download the NYTimes and WSJ. I also have to do the same with my weekly/monthly magazines (NY Tiimes, WSJ, NY Magazine, New Yorker, Men's Fitness, Wired, Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest, This Old House, etc). I've checked the newsstand settings - they ARE set to automatically download the magazines.

I'm not sure when the issue started - ie if it coincided with my update to iOS 6.1.3.

Does anyone else out there have a similar issue under 6.1.3? I've searched around the forum and can only find people who's issues were resolved (6.0.x and 5.x versions).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Newsstand never downloads content automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.