Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 3 Mobile-Broadband USB modem does not support on Macbook Pro OS X Lion

Hi... I'm from Australia.

I'm having a problem with my post-paid on 3 Mobile-broadband USB modem when I installed from a CD ROM for Macbook Pro, but it says that I can't open the application Mobile Connect manager because it does not supported on my Macbook Pro 13" inch (Late 2011) with MAC OS X Lion Version 10.7.2.

Why like that? Why can't I use it? I want to use it when I have no work to do in a factory/warehouse in March...

Does anyone who are on 3 (postpaid and prepaid) mobile-broadband USB modem/internet key modem, etc. and had the same problems??

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 7:00 AM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2012 7:08 AM in response to filoguy2010

It's too bad you didn't ask before you bought that device. If possible, return it.

USB wireless modems are heavily dependent on third-party software, and the software often doesn't work, or works badly. You should avoid such devices and use a mobile WiFi hotspot instead -- no software needed.

If you're getting the message that it's a PowerPC application, you're completely out of luck. Otherwise, there's a slight chance it will work if you boot in 32-bit kernel mode.

Mac OS X v10.6: Starting up with the 32-bit or 64-bit kernel

Jan 25, 2012 7:30 AM in response to Linc Davis

Actually, this mobile broadband USB modem that I activated on 3 Post-Paid was on last June 2007... it does says Mac OS X supported but when I bought my 1st Macbook Pro 13" Late 2011 on Decembet 30th 2011, and then when I install them, it still says it doesn't support on OS X Lion =/

Oh i did see the PowerPC application lol that's why it doesn't supported.

if I followed the link you posted here, will i still lose my stuffs after changing to 32 bits?

my 3 Mobile-Broadband USB modem does not support on Macbook Pro OS X Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.