Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp 3.0.4 do not support Windows XP SP2???

Hello!

I have my MacBook Pro with Leopard 10.6.8 with Boot Camp 3 on it.Reading a BOOT CAM article I could see that it supports Windows XP SP2.I just installed Windows XP SP2...and when I am trying to use the drivers from MAC DVD it says that BOOT CAMP needs Windows 7.Why I can not use XP?Or where I can get the proper drivers?I have downloaded Boot Camp Drivers XP update pack 2.1 and tried touse it in that XP but just double clicking on it doesn't happen anything:(

Please Help.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 10:36 AM

7 replies

Jan 25, 2012 11:16 AM in response to Pratibimba

Try changing Properties and compatibility mode. You likely need to copy all the files to a folder on Windows volume to do so.

2011 Macs changed so much that those would need all new drivers.

Boot Camp 3.0.4 came out before Windows 7, prematurely, and didn't really support 7 either (but you have to start at .0 and upgrade to 3.1.

Can't use those download manual standalone installers without first having chicken-egg routine, 3.0 first.

Boot Camp Assistant 10.6.8 should/may/was suppose to - allow downloading a set to USB for use, but may be hard coded to look for a Windows Vista/7 DVD.

XP can run quite well for 2D stuff in VirtualBox.

Boot Camp 2.0 came out and was the same almost (they did update and change with new OEM 10.5.x DVDs) the same as the original beta BC 1.4 from late 2007.

BC 2.x was aimed at XP/Vista and BC 2.2 was aimed at XP SP3.

Jan 26, 2012 1:40 AM in response to Pratibimba

Your saying BC 3.4 is on the Mac installer disk? I picked mine up in august 2011 and it only has 3.1 on it if I remember right. How did you check it?

As of today my BC Assistant says 3.4 but the Control panel in Windows only says 3.3, I figure it an't broke I'm not worried about it.

When you insert the disk, it asks you what to do, Run or Open, select Open.

Make a new folder on the desktop in XP, drag ALL the files over to it.

Right click on the setup.exe and select one of the options:

1)-Troubleshoot Compatibility, do what it suggests,

2)-Select Properties / Compatibility / click Run this program in Compatibility mode: then select XP sp2 and work your way up.

If anything pops up about permissions then right click on it again and select Run as Administrator.

If it still won't work then open the Boot Camp folder / Drivers folder / and install each one manually.

Jan 26, 2012 3:41 AM in response to Jaygyver

Thank You SO much!

I was full of hope that it will work this way now,but again...in Campatibility mode I can choose only:

Win 95,Win 98/Windows Me,Windows NT 4.0 (SP5) and Windows 2000 😟

So it looks like this particular BC supports only Win 7 or these from the list...

May I get another Boot Camp,copy paste folder to my XP and do it in Your way?

Boot Camp 3.0.4 do not support Windows XP SP2???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.