Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Image Capture app

Since I can't delete the Image Capture App, how do I disable, break, maim or otherwise stop it from starting when I plug in a Compact Flash card?

Bill

Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 3.2 GHz 8GB RAM

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2017 5:50 AM

larryfromwappingersfalls wrote:

I would like to disable this app. I am using OSX 10.9.5 on a MacBook Pro. I don't know what a CF card is.

CF - Compat Flash Card. A camera memory card before SD cards.

When Image Capture launches for whatever you have plugged in, then configure Image Capture to not launch for that device.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2017 5:50 AM in response to larryfromwappingersfalls

I would like to disable this app. I am using OSX 10.9.5 on a MacBook Pro. I don't know what a CF card is.

CF - Compat Flash Card. A camera memory card before SD cards.

When Image Capture launches for whatever you have plugged in, then configure Image Capture to not launch for that device.

Jul 24, 2017 1:02 PM in response to larryfromwappingersfalls

I must have done something to Image Capture. How can I restore it so that I can disable it and use my scanner?

re-install the operating system.

However, if you moved Image Capture to another location, then you will have 2 Image Capture apps. If you moved it, only you would know where.

Maybe Spotlight can find it.

Disable Image Capture app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.