Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud, iCal & GoogleCal

Since iCloud resp. 10.7.2, Apple seems to not allow 3rd party software to sync to CalDAV calendars on iCal.

Huge problem, because

a) I want to push/sync to/from my iPhone through iCloud, as it's easy, but

b) I must keep in sync with other users/businesses who simply have no interest in syncing to iCloud.

It's a major hassle and highly unprofessional from Apple to make things that could be so easy so difficult for users and developers the like.

I request iCal CalDAV calendars to be opened for 3rd party syncing. Please like this entry if you think the same.

Plus, Apple, please start moderating these forums, it's always been unprofessional and is even more so now, as I, not being within the 90 days guarantee anymore, seemingly have to pay to report this issue through the official support channels.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 3:46 PM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2012 12:28 AM in response to balint

CalDAV calendars are not stored in iCal. They reside on a CalDAV server and are displayed in iCal. This is the way all CalDAV calendars work and is nothing new with 10.7.2. You can use a third-party CalDAV client (such as BusyCal or Fantastical) with iCloud calendars.

Apple do moderate these forums - always have done. However, they do not reply here as this is a USER-TO-USER support forum.

iCloud, iCal & GoogleCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.