Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove media from my iPad

How do I remove media from my iPad

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 5:47 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2012 6:19 PM in response to Teacherforlifecarter

Since videos and music are considered to be media ...

You can delete movies and TV shows by tapping and holding down on their icons in the videos app until the X pops up. Tap the X to delete.

You can delete music in the Music app the same way - tap and hold down on an album icon or artist icon until the X pops up. tap the X to delete. You can remove individual songs in a list by swiping across the song and the Red delete button will pop up. Tap the red delete the button to delete.

This will remove them from the iPad but they will still be in your iTunes library. Purchased movies - once deleted from the iPad - if not also stored in iTunes on your computer - cannot be downloaded again fro free. You will have to but them again.

Jan 26, 2012 2:59 AM in response to Teacherforlifecarter

You cannot remove synced photos from the device itself. You have to sync again with iTunes in order to remove the photos that you do not want on the device.

Deselect the photos or albums, events, that you synced from within iTunes - while connected to the Mac and with iTunes running - and then sync again. When you deselect them and sync - it removes the photos from the iPad.

Photos taken with the iPad or saved from emails and the like can be removed via the trash can icon but that does not work with synced photos.

how do I remove media from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.