Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not recognized on MacBook pro 13 in?

I bought my MBP 13 in unibody in mid 2009. Everything was fine until it started typing symbols instea of text and I finally got that fixed. Now, it won't recognize the battery. Every time I turn it on, it doesn't know what the date and time is or what internet connection I'm on. It will only work when connected to an adapter. Also, when I go on certain sites, even apple, it will say "this web page can't be identified."

Now, when I turned it on, the fans would get louder and louder and the computer randomly turns off, even

Though it is connected to the adapter.

Please help!!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 7:10 PM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2012 4:22 AM in response to sunnyhuckle

it seems that it helped out a lot (THANK YOU!) and it now recgonizes my battery.. occasionally. when the MBP is on, it says it is charging. but if i turn it off or put it to sleep, it no longer charges. and sometimes when i turn on my computer, it still says there is no battery... wait a few minutes, and it will start charging.

can i reset the SMC many times? or could there be a different problem (need a new battery??)

thank you for all your help!

Battery not recognized on MacBook pro 13 in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.