Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won't recognize two USB mics simultaneously (iMac Intel - OS X 10.6.8)

Hi, I'm connecting two XLR mics to my Mac, each separately run through its own Blue Icicle and USB port. (2 mics, 2 blue icicles, 2 usb ports) When only one mic is connected, the computer recognizes. Each mic works individually in each USB port when it's the only mic connected. But when both mics are connected at the same time, only the first mic plugged in is recognized.

This is not a Garage Band-centric problem. I've gone to Audio MIDI Setup and still only the first mic plugged in appears, but not the second one.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Matt

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 25, 2012 9:16 PM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2013 12:13 PM in response to matevdan

So I can't speak to the specifics on Icicles, but I would imagine it's identical the situation I just ran into with two Yetis. Bue Yetis have identical digitial footprints and therefore no matter how many you plug in, they will be recognized as a single device.

I contacted Blue and ultimately I was able to send one of my Yetis to them for reprogramming and now my Mac will recognize it along with another Yeti in order to create an aggregate device.

Fair warning, this process took over 2 weeks and I had to pay out of pocket shipping, they paid FedEx ground (signature required) back to me. Hope that helps anyone else.

Mac won't recognize two USB mics simultaneously (iMac Intel - OS X 10.6.8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.