5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2013 4:32 AM by urzhumtsev
urzhumtsev Level 1 Level 1

In bussinnes in some companies usually week number is all the time in use. Why there is no week number in standart iOS calendar?

At least I would like to have. Hate that moment when I need to calculate weeks... and then make a note for the desired date.

• Roger Wilmut1 Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.itunes
    iTunes

You can subscribe to one or other of these:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/weeknumbersusaautoupdating.html - USA week numbers

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/calendars/weeknumberseuautoupdating.html - EU week numbers.

Note: when importing a subcscibed calendar, import it into a new calendar. DO NOT import it into an existing calendar - you will never be able to unimiport it other than by individual events.

• Hans-Olaf Meyer-Grotjahn3 Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

thanks for this hint, but given the restricted amount of display space on iOS devices, the insertion of an additional calendar only to get calendar weeks is NOT a solution, but only a tacky workaround.

The question is:

Why Apple didn't manage for years to implement this essential and trivial function for it's high priced and Pro-oriented iOS devices?

Sarcastically spoken, imagine an Apple iCar: The brake would be an additional app from third party providers, and the gears you could access via In-App-Purchase.

Sorry for this bleat, but this subject is really annoying me and some others.

Hello - Apple - can you hear us? Please implement calendar weeks!!

Best regards

• urzhumtsev Level 1 Level 1

"hanks for this hint, but given the restricted amount of display space on iOS devices, the insertion of an additional calendar only to get calendar weeks is NOT a solution, but only a tacky workaround"

What do you think if apple programmers and designers just add a small week number to the first digit in the column in the month grid? For example in the left low corner. It would be just fine for me at least.

• Hans-Olaf Meyer-Grotjahn3 Level 1 Level 1

There's space enough in each view to insert the calendar week number (max. 2 digits). And there's a paradigm in the OSX calendar:

• day view: e.g. trailing entry after date (there is no model in the calendar app of OSX)
    • week view: see OSX
    • month view: see OSX
    • year view: see OSX

But perhaps this is too easy and not real challenging . . . Sorry for my sarcasm.

Anyway, I would praise the engineers for implementing this!!

• urzhumtsev Level 1 Level 1

I ended up with installation of the app called "Week Cal". It might be too messy with the options, but still it has week number and I can get used to it. Hope Apple will do the same as with TotalFinder in Mac OS, just took the idea from 3d party developer and introduced it in Mavericks.