Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move fonts from Mac to Mac

Hello,

I have several Macs with OS X Lion. I need to sinchronize fonts, so that every mac has the same font configuration.

Is it possible? Can I simply copy the fonts files directly from mac to mac?

Cheers

Luca

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:03 AM

You should be able to do that. Or you can open Font Book and export the fonts (Exported Fonts folder) to a location. Then Add those you want from the Exported Fonts folder you exported onto the other Mac

2 replies

Jan 26, 2012 8:22 AM in response to S_eye

You must in fact add your custom fonts, as the default font set will be the same on all macs running Lion.

You do not offer details, but I may confess what I do in order to have the same font set on all macs at home, just in case someone needs to work on another computer. Usually, they are linguistic fonts.

- I do not install additional fonts, bar the first time when I install a new Mac OS

- save all fonts stored in System/Library/Fonts and /Library/Fonts unto an xternal drive, just in case something wrong happems

- I have a folder with my custom fonts, which are added to all macs around

I do not know what you want to do, but I offered a hint.

How can I move fonts from Mac to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.