Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed iTunes on Win 7. Everything is there except when I hook up my phone the mene has all the active buttons, but there's no lettering on the screen to see what they are

Installed iTunes on Win 7. Everything is there except when I hook up my phone the mene has all the active buttons, but there's no lettering on the screen to see what they are

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 11:00 AM

8 replies

Jan 26, 2012 1:10 PM in response to TexasSlick

(Apologies for butting in wiclee.)

User uploaded file

The effect is usually caused by trouble with the Segoe UI fonts on your system. Unfortunately it's a bit trickier to deal with on Windows 7 systems than Vista or XP. (The "Vortical" instructions which can fix it for almost all folks on Vista and XP aren't applicable to Windows 7.)

Try having a look through the following (unfortunately very long) topic. It contains a lot of information on the Windows 7 variants of this, and possible methods for fixing the various Segoe UI-related issues that might be in play:

iTunes 10.1 Missing Text

Jan 26, 2012 2:49 PM in response to wiclee

It's OK Noir, I was going to ask how many Segue fonts he has from his Computer Fonts:

That's a nice idea. This one could do with a bit more focussed investigation, especially since the symptoms have changed up a bit. (The missing menus with the more recent reports of this are an interesting change.) It's possible that it's now caused more commonly by missing fonts than it is by the more-cryptic-and-varied Windows 7 registry things that folks have to wade through in the Ur-thread.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.