Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2006 XServer compatible with 10.7?

I have a late 2006 XServer with dual core xeon processor.
Is this machine compatible with 10.7?

Currently it has 10.5.8. Is it possible to do a clean install of 10.7 on this machine?

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 1:13 PM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2012 7:38 AM in response to PittACTC

PittACTC wrote:

This ultimately depends on which processors are installed in your Late 2006 xServe, Lion will only support models using the Quad Core processors, the Dual Core processors are not supported by Lion..

What does that mean. We have run Lion for nearly a year but we do get issues with having to reinstall now twice on several of these, they start having finder issues (corruption) lots of file service access with ton of files and then this fails, corruption of this and user accounts. Could this be a cause, do we have to go back to Snow Leopard to use these older Xserves? I am getting feeling as transtion from Snow Leopard to Moutain Lion (which does not work on these older Xserves) we may be getting into "transitional issues" but I cannot quite find the info and most questions now resolve around Mountain Lion Server.

Russ

Late 2006 XServer compatible with 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.