Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote Control and Plex

Yesterday, I installed Plex to see if I would enjoy it as much as Front Row, which I use constantly. I haven't upgraded to Lion because I don't want to lose Front Row. Now, as a result, my Apple Remote control no longer works. I uninstalled Plex, but the remote still won't work. Any suggestions?

iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:57 PM

Hey,

Have you tried re-pairing the Remote with the Mac in question? Otherwise, try deleting all traces of Plex, including preference files, etc., then re-boot your machine and see whether that's helped.

Good luck,

S.

5 replies

Jan 27, 2012 1:25 PM in response to Scotch_Brawth

I tried re-pairing last night and that didn't work. I think I got rid of all traces of Plex, but I'll check again to make sure. I did a full uninstall using CleanMyMac. I also tried using my original remote that came with the iMac and that didn't work either. It's like somehow the IR got deleted fromt he computer. Thanks for the advice.

Apple Remote Control and Plex

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.