Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is wrong with location services?

Maps, weather and a few other apps are either saying I live the other side of the dartmoor national park or back where I used to live 280 miles away. Is there anything I can do about this or are we still waiting for apple to sort out a fix please?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 1:34 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2012 2:21 AM in response to Gemima

I'll bet money the problem is with your router's location reporting. Try changing the SSID on the router, if you have not done so. If that doesn't work, you may just have to wait until Apple's database is updated with the router's new location. Same issue exists with Skyhook, Google, etc. The all maintain a database of router locations. Sometimes changing the SSID & resetting the router fixes things because it becomes a new entry in the database.

What is wrong with location services?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.