Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. Does anyone know how to extend the airport express and extreme with Cisco Router DPC3925. I have upgrade my wireless to 50Mbps. Thank you

Hi,

Can someone help.

I have a Cisco router DPC3925 provided by the ISP and I cannot extend my wireless with Airport Express.

Also I intend to extend it with Airport Extreme.

Please help.

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:29 AM

7 replies

Jan 27, 2012 1:35 AM in response to sealandsire

I suggest you connect your Extreme to your ISP's router and use AirPort Utility to set up a new wireless network, naming it how you like and setting up whatever security you want. This way you can have a guest network to allow visitors to use internet access without access to your computer files. It would be best to put them side by side and connect by ethernet (you tell AirPort Utility to connect the Extreme using ethernet and with sharing off).

Then use the Express to extend your network (setting it up using AirPort Utility after you've created your new network).

All wireless devices should use your new wireless network (not the ISP router's)

Peter

Apr 28, 2015 9:33 AM in response to Yoyo163

Sorry, but your post is not clear. The topic of this thread is how to extend an AirPort Express or AirPort Extreme with a Cisco router.

This would mean that the main router was an AirPort device and the Cisco would be extending the existing network provided by the AirPort.

Is that really what you want to do?

If not, then it sounds like your Cisco ISP provided wireless router is your "main" router and you will be using the Time Capsule to extend the network.

Please start another post to tell us exactly.......

What device will be the main router providing your Internet connection and wireless network

What device will extend the network

What operating system that you have on your Mac or PC

Hi. Does anyone know how to extend the airport express and extreme with Cisco Router DPC3925. I have upgrade my wireless to 50Mbps. Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.