Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I capture pictures at regular intervals?

I can tether my Canon EOS 60D and manually capture pictures to Aperture. Is there any way to automate this so that photos are taken at regular intervals?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27", 12GB RAM, 250GB SSD

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 5:41 AM

See Time lapse photography on the cheap.

31 replies

Jan 27, 2012 5:44 AM in response to Jim Calderwood

Hello jim,

maybe an Automator workflow would do the trick. I cannot try it with my camera right now - batteries empty and no charger here, but the workflow should work like this:

Set the camera up for tethered shooting and bring start the seesion, then start this workflow:

• The first part records your GUI actions: clicking on the aperture Toolbar, clicking the Tether -panel, pressing the Button.
  • A Pause action - set it to the gaps between captures
  • A loop - set it to the number of images you want to capture.

User uploaded file

Good Luck

Léonie

Jan 28, 2012 7:14 AM in response to Jim Calderwood

Sorry about that.

Forgot to mention that for this script to run you need to turn on Enable access for assertive devices in the Universal Access System Preference pane:

User uploaded file

This is needed is because this script uses GUI scripting.

regards

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano - OK I'm a day late and a dollar short! See you got it figured out, good. Let me know how it works.

How can I capture pictures at regular intervals?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.