Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera roll is not showing up.

After upgrading to IOS 5 on my ipad 1 when opening photo application I no longer have the camera roll. The first screen only show thumbnails of all my photos. Any suggestions on how to get the camera roll back.

Thanks!!

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 5:45 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2012 7:12 AM in response to jkorell

There could be a couple of things going on here.

First you might have no pictures in the Camera Roll, therefore it will not show. Try taking a picture with you ipaD and see if the Camera Rool shows up.

Are you sure you are looking at all of your albums instead of all the photos in one album. Tap on the screen and see what comes up in the menu at the top. If you see albums there tap on it and look for you Camera Roll.

Jan 27, 2012 8:03 AM in response to Ralph9430

Thanks for responding. I have ipad first generation. When i open photo app it goes to photo screen and shows all my photos in thumbnail view. At the top of screen I only have three choices, photos, albums, events. switching from photos to albums shows album titled last import and a album titled All Imports. Opening either shows all the same photos as in the opening screen.

I took some pictures on my camera and imported them thru the camere connection kit. Still same result. When I open photo app it goes to photo screen and show orginal photos + the new photos in thumbnail view only. My new ipod with ios 5 pre installed show a camera roll.

Seems like upgrading may have left out some files???

I've tried resetting, looking in iexplorer, etc.

Camera roll is not showing up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.