Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert a pdf file to a numbers file

Product iMac with Lion

In my numbers programe I kept a file of all my addresses. Somehow, and I don't know how or when (although I think it is n the last month or so) the file has gone. All I now have, and I don't know where it came from, is a file saying addresses..copy.pdf. I don't seem to be able to get much help from my Time Machine. What I want to do is get that file back into a working file in Numbers. Is this possible? Thanks Derek

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 6:29 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2012 7:08 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Thanks

I have tried your idea, and yes it works but will obviously take a while to copy an 89 row of about 7 columns. But I do seem to have come accross a difficulty. Selecting and copying a full column is fine bit when you come to a column with some gaps in e.g in an address one of the addresses could be longer than others meaning that in that column there will be gaps. Other than doing that column in bits and pieces is there any other way please.

If not I will get there in time!

Derek

Jan 27, 2012 8:24 AM in response to DerekBradley

Derek,

There is another approach, and that is to use an Optical Character Recognition application to convert the data from PDF to text. Theoretically it should be easier to simply select and copy text from the PDF, but if formatting problems are foiling your direct copy, the OCR is worth a try. A free one that I like is "PDF OCR X.app"

Regards,

Jerry

Convert a pdf file to a numbers file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.