Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Day View-ing options in Lion?

Still new to Lion -- searched this forum but couldn't find these two specific "Day View" topics..

1) Within the Day View window, is there any way to set different widths for the two "columns" (the one-month-back, six-months-forward scrolling list on the left, and the selected day's events on the right)? Or is it now just a 50/50 split based on the overall window size, with no user-controllable variation beyond that?

2) How can I remain in Day View, but quickly skip ahead (or backwards) a month at a time? In Snow Leopard, the little calendar month box had its own left/right arrows, which made this easy. But I can't find anything that seems to perform the same function for the new calendar month display inset. And have tried adding every possible combination of modifier keys while clicking the left/right arrows now appearing at the top right (over the Event list), thinking that would be an obvious keyboard shortcut to advance the whole window more than just one a day at a time, but no luck.

So is it now the case that I first have to switch over to Month View, then do my month-at-a-time flipping, then switch back to Day View -- or is there still some "secret" way to remain in Day View but zip ahead or back a month at a time? It's not a big deal either way -- it's just always slightly annoying (and a bit counter-intuitive) when something which was an always-available, one-click option in a previous OS, becomes a 2-3 click operation in its successor.

Any suggestions appreciated -- if only to just confirm that I'm SOL on both topics.

Thanks,

John B.

Toronto

MacBook Pro (early 2011)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 13" 2.3GHz i5 8GB RAM, 500GB HD

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 10:20 AM

There are no replies.

Day View-ing options in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.