Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling inside HTML widgets

Hey everyone,

After successfully making my HTML widgets large, I was wondering if there was any way to easily allow scrolling inside of them, like you would have in Safari. I am mostly using them as little views into other sites, so it would be great to be able to scroll around. In the present iteration I am incorporating a small Wolfram widget that lets students play with trigonometric functions, but the output gets cut off because the widget is too small. It'd be fine if the students could just scroll down, but I can't seem to be able to do that. Any suggestions?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 11:07 AM

16 replies

May 20, 2012 11:15 AM in response to Tars Tarkis

OK, the solution by Tars Tarkis worked great- in iBooks Author. But the scrolling does not work correctly in iBooks. I was able to get horizontal scrolling to work, sort of. No vertical scrolling in iBooks, even though scrolling in both directions worked fine in Author.

I am trying to embed a Google Docs form. The embedding with a Dashcode widget works great, but the form is long enough that vertical scrolling will be necessary. Again, Tars' solution worked in Author, but not in iBooks.

Any other suggestions for making a HTML widget scroll correctly?

Scrolling inside HTML widgets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.