Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot clear Facetime's "red dot" of missed calls. Help!

My Facetime app on my MacBook Pro refuses to clear it's "red dot" of missed calls. I've missed one call, about a week ago. I've loaded the app, I've cleared my recent calls list, but I'm unsure what more I can do to properly fix this. It's grown in annoyance. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2012 5:17 PM

Mine was doing the same thing. Nothing worked, even when I "cleared" it. Finally, I just left it and restarted the computer (Shut down and restart). It is gone, and there is no more red number.

33 replies

Sep 24, 2012 6:08 AM in response to Nevin

FIrst try to deactivate FaceTime and activating again.

Have you tried to reproduce the issue using other user acocunt on Mac OS X? If the new user does not duplicate the issue, go to Finder (using your account) and then ~/Library/Preferences and move com.apple.FaceTime.plist to trash and restart your computer. If you this new user is having the same issue, has to Repair Disk Permissions using Disk Utility.

Oct 6, 2014 6:42 PM in response to Nevin

I Found that I was able to clear the red dot by deleting all the missed calls from both the face time and audio only lists.

HOWEVER, this behavior is inconsistent with how the iPhone "phone" app hanldes missed calls where it will clear the red dot by simply reviewing the missed call list. I should not have to delete missed calls individually because I may still want the record of those calls even though I missed them.

Cannot clear Facetime's "red dot" of missed calls. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.