Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signed-up for Paid iBookstore Account; Still Able to Upload Free Books?

If you sign up for and get accepted into the "paid" iTunes Connect program, can you still also post books for free?

Or do you need two accounts, and if so, can they use the same Apple ID?

Mac OS X (10.6.2), iMac 27" i5

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:46 PM

13 replies

Jan 27, 2012 5:34 PM in response to K T

Sorry for the confusion.

I see that if you sign up for the "free" iTunes Connect account, you can only give away anything you put up. If you decide to later start wanting to SELL books, you can't use your free account.

I was wondering if the OPPOSITE was true. If I sign up to sell books, what if I occasionally want to put a book up for free?

Since free books don't require ISBNs, and paid books do, will the iTunes Producer allow a book to be sent via my paid account withOUT an ISBN?

Jan 30, 2012 6:28 PM in response to James Orlowski

Your question wasn't clear in the first posting as to the problem.

My initial answer would have been YES, since I read that if you choose to later distribute books for pay you should open a PAID account.

This to me implies you can do FREE (NO ISBN required) and PAID (ISBN required).

Yes, it is DEFINITELY A PROBLEM, since I would like to do both and since I found out that I can not create a FREE account (2nd account)

I have applied and been accepted for paid account.

And actually in quotes when create account, I believe it says PAID account recommended.

So to me this means if in DOUBT create a PAID account request.

If distributing FREE and then having to submit an ISBN number this is not FREE. I would need to charge something to attempt to recover the overhead of my ISBN costs.

Need clarification on this issue.

Thanks...

Signed-up for Paid iBookstore Account; Still Able to Upload Free Books?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.