You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jawbone headset to listen to iTunes on iPhone 4?

I have a Jawbone headset ("The Thinker") and I would like to be able to listen to music through the headset with iTunes on my iPhone 4 -- is this possible?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1, Jawbone

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 12:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 2, 2012 5:14 PM in response to JAD255

Hi JAD255,

While earlier Jawbone headset (Prime, Jawbone 2, Jawbone Original) does not support the A2DP Bluetooth profile, if your phone transmits audio through the voice channel (SCO), you may be able to establish a Bluetooth connection between the Jawbone and your mobile phone and play your audio file.

If you try this and you are unable to hear your audio file, contact your mobile phone manufacturer support to determine how audio is transmitted.

Because of the wide range of devices used with Jawbone, we do not have step-by-step instructions for using our product to play music through your specific phone. You may find answers in discussion boards on the Internet or by consulting your mobile phone's instruction manual to see if music playback via Bluetooth is supported.

The Jawbone ICON supports A2DP by loading the software update from http://mytalk.jawbone.com/. A2DP lets you listen to music, podcast and directions through your Jawbone ICON headset.

Hope this helps!

- The Jawbone Team

Jawbone headset to listen to iTunes on iPhone 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.