the place holder on the Master TOC page automaticly loads the image from each chapter page, you can't add anything to that place holder all you can do is adjust the size and location. (it should be labled differently to avoid confussion)
any image you add to the Master TOC page will appear the same on each chapter TOC page.
but if you add an image to the place holder on each individual chapter page, the TOC for that chapter will load that image.
Not sure if that makes sense, it is confusing, but there is a set way it works.
My analysis on the Image Placeholder for the TOC page has resulted in the following conclusions.
- You ARE able to include any image on each of the chapter pages in the TOC
- In order for a chapter page in the TOC to have its own separate image, you must define one of your images in the Chapter Layout for that chapter to have a tag of "Main Image." If you do not have an image in your Chapter Layout defined as "Main Image," then you cannot drag an image into the Media Placeholder for that Chapter in the TOC.
- To define an image with a "Main Image" tag
- Select the Chapter Layout
- Select an Image
- Go to Layout tab in the Inspector
- Select "Editable on Pages using this Layouy"
- Set the tag to "Main Image"
- The corresponding chapter page in the TOC will now have that image in the Media Placeholder
- You are NOT limited to having the same image in your TOC that is on the Chapter Layout. You can now change the image in the Media Placeholder on that chapter page in the TOC by dragging an image on to it
Let me know if this works for everyone.
Yes, that is how it works.
The templates are set up like that,
So you can do it all with drag and drop and don't have to change setting in the inspector. But if you delete the chapter place holder, thats how you would get it woking again.
Your last point about changing the image does not work for me,
If i replace the image with a new one, the new image shows in the chapters TOC.
But I can bring in a new image and place it OVER the old image (not replacing it) and that works.
I also drag the "main image" off the page.
My first frame is foreword and there I have deleted the image that´s already there and customized with my own image. Then after that I haven´t added any "chapterframes". I have only added a blank frame and put an image there and written part 1, part 2 and so on. Is this the wrong way to do it?
Why haven´t the foreword shown up in the TOC?