Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset problems in Boot Camp

I have a mid 2011 iMac dual booting Lion and Windows 7 64 bit using Boot Camp.

When booted into Windows my bluetooth keyboard and mice work fine, but when I attempt to connect a headset (I have tried 2 different ones from different manufacturers) I get errors about could not load the driver.

I have attempted to reinstall the driver using the update driver method for both the headset and I have reloaded the Boot Camp drivers replacing the entire bluetooth radio drivers in the process.

I have also attempted to download and install the Broadcom drivers from Broadcom's site and the installer hangs on the Detecting Device step and never progresses even after an hour.

Anyone have any luck getting a decent Bluetooth stack loaded in Windows on the new iMacs? If so what did you do? What drivers did you use and where did you get them?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Windows 7

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 5:02 PM

19 replies

Mar 29, 2017 6:38 PM in response to Stimpy2319

I FOUND OUT HOW TO FIX IT. (at least the stutter of sound on a paired Bluetooth device)

You go to Bluetooth settings in the control panel

(control panel>>Hardware and Sound>>Change Bluetooth settings)

of windows 10... then make sure the "Allow Bluetooth devices to find PC" box is turned off.

that's it. it worked for me. but if it didn't for you then you probably could mess around with the device drivers/properties itself of the sound hardware (headphones for me) and disable enhancements and stuff.

Jan 28, 2012 12:23 AM in response to Jaygyver

Yeah I saw that article already, but I was hesitant to download driver files from a third party site that I am not familiar with. I just got done trying those steps though and they did not work. Not only could I not get my headset working, but also my mice were showing as having errors and scrolling on both my magic mouse and trackpad stopped working, and right clicking on the trackpad stopped working.

Come on Apple don't give us half baked Windows Drivers. I know that Microsoft is a competitor, but if you are going to support their software on your hardware support it fully.

Jan 28, 2012 9:29 AM in response to Stimpy2319

Ok I tried it a second time. And the headset would pair correctly and even worked a bit, but would cut out after a few minutes. And I couldn't get the audio devices to split properly so that I could have 1 app using the headset and another using the built in speakers.

Even though it sort of worked it is still a bad solution. Go download these drivers for a different computer manufacturer from a third party (could have compromised software) site, install them, and they might fix your problem somewhat.

The real issue here is that Apple is not releasing the proper Windows drivers for the Bluetooth chip they are using. And apparently are doing something to prevent the drivers from Broadcom from installing.

Feb 4, 2012 3:05 AM in response to Stimpy2319

I can excactly reproduce your issue in my MBA mid2011. I think both have the same Bluetooth card: BCM20702. The acer drivers would work only if selecting the BCM2070 model (BT V3.0) but not with the actual BCM20702 embemed in our system. Generating a lot of issues... mainly i have noticed it with AD2P audio devices. Eurepean Apple support ***** I only lost my time (and money) calling them and talking with people that even doesn't have any idea what "driver" means, lol... I hope u have better luck trying to being eared by Apple in your country/region. The issue we are experiencing is highly probable due to serious flaws in the bootcamp drivers support for the new bluetooth cards BCM20702 v4.0 + HS.

Feb 7, 2012 7:41 AM in response to Marcelo NS

Bootcamp Bluetooth Drivers

Bootcamp bluetooth drivers for windows 7 of the new BCM20702 card are faulty you will notice mainly if you try to pair a Bluetooth Audio Device and forums seeded reporting different issues.

Please help pushing some pressure on Apple to provide appropriate bluetooth drivers for the new bluetooth card: BCM20702 BT V4 + HS, built in Macbook Air MID2011, Mackbook Pro 2011, iMAC and mini. Broadcom drivers will not install properly either.

You may want to use the link above to let them now that the actual drivers makes virtually any audio bluetooth device UNUSABLE:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/bootcamp.html

Cheers,

Feb 15, 2012 6:12 PM in response to dubious.intent

From what I can tell the 2010 models used a slightly different chipset that the Broadcom updater can detect properly. 2011 models hang at the detection phase of the installer.

I was able to get some amount of functionality by loading the ASUS drivers, but it has been unreliable. The audio quality is not very good and I have occasional disconnects.

Still hoping that Apple will update the Boot Camp Drivers.

Feb 16, 2012 10:47 AM in response to Stimpy2319

Well I found a temporary workaround for this issue. The pros: most bluetooth deveices will connect smoothly, the cons: apple magic mouse will loose its "magic scrolling" (known issue with bluesoleil fix ongoing)

The workaround consists in installing bluesoleil V8.0xxx altough the suit doesnt recognize the BT in MBA 2011 by default you can force it. Here the steps:

• Ensure that the apple Bluetooth drivers ARE INSTALLED and working (should be the case after bootcamp installation). This should be the only stack installed if you tried broadcom or other uninstall them first.
  • Install Bluesoleil v8.0
  • Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil -> Find the “bttl.inf” file and open it with a text editor.
  • Look at the third line: NUM=492. Add +1. Then should be NUM=493
  • Locate in the text the following lines:

ID=USB\VID_05AC&PID_ffff

Manufacture=Apple

Add after the last [HWXXX] entry the VID-PID of the MBA’s 2011:

[HW493]

ID=USB\VID_05AC&PID_821F

Manufacture=APPLE DFU

• Save this file.
  • Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\driver\usb
  • Find the text:

%Apple.DeviceDesc%=Btusb_DDI, USB\Vid_05ac&Pid_ffff

Add after this text:

%Apple.DeviceDesc%=Btusb_DDI, USB\VID_05AC&PID_821F

Now should look:

%Apple.DeviceDesc%=Btusb_DDI, USB\Vid_05ac&Pid_ffff

%Apple.DeviceDesc%=Btusb_DDI, USB\VID_05AC&PID_821F

Note this text should appear twice in the file and BOTH needs to be edited

• Save this text.
  • Restart
  • Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager and look for the Apple Built-in Bluetooth Device
  • Right Click > Update driver > use browse my computer > have a disk > point the edited btcusb.inf file.
  • Let install the drivers. You will get a warning because is not a signed driver (you edited it).
  • Enjoy a fully functional Bluetooth profile 🙂.

Nov 9, 2012 4:30 AM in response to Stimpy2319

Is there any news on this?

The Broadcom installer does hang at detecting, the Acer drivers arent detecting compatible hardware and BlueSolei is paid crappy software.

It's a shame that this isnt working well, I got a new Logitech H800 and cant use it on a $2400 piece of hardware because of those crappy drivers in bootcamp.

Also the Logitech Unifying Receiver doesnt work because of the aluminium unibody... Sigh...

Bluetooth headset problems in Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.