5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 10:02 AM by Barry
Keith Worsley-Brown Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

I want to be able to use different headers in different sections of my book that I'm writing, like Part 1, Part 2 or major section headings, not the same header all through.  Is this possible in Pages please?

Thank you, Keith

• Barry Level 7 Level 7 (29,480 points)

Insert a Section break at the end of each section, where you want the header to change.

Click in the body of the first page od the new section. Open the Insoector.

In the Inspector, click the Layout button (second from left), then choose section.

Picture 3.png

Uncheck the box labeled "Use previous headers and footers"

Click in the header and edit to show the new header text and calculated values.

Regards,

Barry

• Keith Worsley-Brown Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Thanks Barry, it works!  We even figured out how to get the page numbers to run continously across all sections for the whole document.  I appreciate your help.

Keith

• gazzakot1 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am going through the same process as Keith

I want left header (title of book) right header (chapter title)

I have sorted as above going into layout / Section and clicking left and right pages are different

BUT when applied it removes the left had page numbers in the footer

How do you ensure that the page numbers do run across the section left and right?

many thanks indeed

Gary

• fruhulda Level 6 Level 6 (15,120 points)

gazzakot1 - this is an old thread. It is about Pages 09 or PAges 08. Today most questions are about Pages 5.x that only to its name is the same. If you are on PAges 5 start a new thread instead.

• Barry Level 7 Level 7 (29,480 points)

Good advice from Fruhulda.

I don't have Pages 5 installed, so this response may be accurate for only earlier versions.

Whn you specify that left and right are different, you may have to rebuild the headers and footers on ither the left or right page.

For your case, go to a left page footer, then go Insert > Page Number (in the footer). Position as desired.

Regards,

Barry