Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to allow a second Apple ID to home sharing and iTunes Match

Hi

I the following setup:

1. Family iMac with Apple ID #1
  2. MacBook Pro with Apple ID #1
  3. Apple TV 2nd Gen with Apple ID #1
  4. iPhone 3Gs with Apple ID #1 (connected for iRemote App)
  5. iPad 1st Generation with Apple ID #1 (connected for iRemote App)

Here is what I want to do:

• I wld like to enable my wife's MacBook Air with Apple ID #2 to be part of Home Sharing so she can access our joint library
    • I have used my Apple ID #1 to activate Home Sharing on MacBook Air (i.e. following the instruction "use the same Apple ID for all shared computers and devices")
    • I receive the following message: HS could not be activated because this computer is not authorized for the account "ID#1@me.com". Would you like to authorize now?
    • If I do I get the following message: There was an error storing your authorization information on this computer.
      The required file was not found or has a permission orror. Correct this permission problem and try again, or deauthorize this computer if the permissions cannot be changed.
  • This is where I am stuck in the process: can anybody help?

In addition I was wondering if my wife yould also make use of my subscription to iTunes Match since it refers t the same familiy music library. Any thoughts and/or instructions on that would be helpful as well 🙂

Cheers,

jspr

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 1:12 AM

There are no replies.

How to allow a second Apple ID to home sharing and iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.