Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported songs not showing up in iTunes

Just imported a CD. They are not in my iTunes library, but the files are there in the directory on the back end. I even watched iCloud upload them, but the tracks are not showing up in iTunes even when searching for them. Any ideas?!?!?

iMac 27, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad 2, iPhone 4s

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 7:08 AM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2012 2:20 AM in response to fudgebrown

Same here. I impotered all the tracks form a new CD - they didn't display, so I imported again. There are now 2 copies of each track in the directory, but none of them are being displayed in iTunes.. I tried a "File/Add to Library" pointing to the iTunes directory, but to no avail.

I just copied one on the tracks (MP3) out to the desktop, and tried to "File/Add to Library", which did nothing.

Feb 21, 2012 2:10 AM in response to fudgebrown

I have this same problem. Import songs from CD or from a MP3 Folder or if I add a movie, nothing shows up in itunes.
If I do a search of the media folder in iTunes I can see it there. Even My Apple TV can see the uploads and play them.

This all seems to have started after the latest update to Lion.

I have downloaded iTunes again and reinstalled it but it made no difference.

iTunes is importing ok it's just not displaying the newly imported items :-(

Mar 3, 2012 7:35 PM in response to fudgebrown

I came up with a workaround!

What solved it for me was just using Spotlight to find the tracks, and one by one, double click each individual song file, most likely an mp3 unless you chose another format to import (ensure your disc is ejected to avoid playing off the disc) to play them- only 1 second is needed- they will all show up in your libary after that with artwork and all.

Imported songs not showing up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.