Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to preset different iPhoto-libraries to preview (alt-I)

i like the function alt-I to display my iphoto library content.

But unfortunately, i do not know how to change the directory for the iphoto-library i want to disply.

i have multiple iphoto libraries (familiy members) who have photos in theirs libraries form one theme (especially holiday-pictures). If i want to make a photo-book, i want to collect all the (good!) photos from all members of the familiy. So i want to change the directory of the library, that is displayed when importing option is selected from menu (import: iphoto-preview)

thanks for advice in advance!

markus

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 11:20 AM

No way to do that from in Aperture. Aperture is only able to open the last iPhoto library iPhoto had opened. The reason being the location of the library is read from the iPhoto preferences files. The library listed in the references file is the last one iPhoto had opened.

The only way to change it is to open iPhoto on a different library. (well actually you could go into the plist file and change the library but that could cause all sorts of problems if done incorrectly.)

regards

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2012 11:20 AM in response to markusfromgossau

No way to do that from in Aperture. Aperture is only able to open the last iPhoto library iPhoto had opened. The reason being the location of the library is read from the iPhoto preferences files. The library listed in the references file is the last one iPhoto had opened.

The only way to change it is to open iPhoto on a different library. (well actually you could go into the plist file and change the library but that could cause all sorts of problems if done incorrectly.)

regards

how to preset different iPhoto-libraries to preview (alt-I)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.