Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my tags on iPhoto syncing on Facebook?

It keeps retagging people months later and I would rather disable this

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 11:45 AM

18 replies

Feb 14, 2013 9:50 AM in response to stageo

I'm having a similar issue. iPhoto albums synced to Facebook a long time ago are having issues. I make no changes to the albums, but iPhoto retags people for some reason. It happens when I am adding new events to iPhoto. I'm not doing anything to the old events synced to Facebook. I want to keep those albums but I don't want iPhoto to keep retagging people on Facebook multiple times. Pictures are very important to me and I want them organized in iPhoto and connected to Facebook. How can I get iPhoto to stop retagging people for no apparent reason?

Dec 28, 2013 8:24 AM in response to rinafromafrica

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I've been setting up my new mbp from time machine today. After iphoto lunched and build the library it decided to tag people on my facebook photos. For now iphoto access to FB is disabled to prevent further unexpected results. However the albums in iphoto imported from fb is gone too. I'd rather have a choice over what iphoto can do with facebook. So if you know of a way, please let me know.

Jan 5, 2014 5:57 AM in response to Old Toad

sent a feature request in saying There has to be a way for it to stop reposting/retagging people on facebook everytime I organize my photos. It drives me crazy! I have seen manyyyyyy people having this issue, I am very surprised there hasn't been a fix yet! Maybe it should prompt a request to retag also on fb or something? and then let you choose either not for this photo or not for this session if you are doing a bunch of organizing and dont want to be prompted every time.

Maybe if more people did that? I cant believe this hasn't been resolved yet!

How do I stop my tags on iPhoto syncing on Facebook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.