Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod charger hole broken!

Please help!

My ipod was charging and it fell and the charger was pulled out and it knocked out a piece of black plastic from inside of the hole that you put the charger into. I think this is there to make the chord go into the right place. The tiny pieces of wiere inside the hole that connect the iPod to the chord were pushed in the next time I tried to charge my ipod and now it just wont charge on any chord. All of the chords I used I tried on my brothers ipod and they worked perfectly so its a problem with my ipod. What should I do? I dont have the money to buy a new one! I'd apreciate any help.

Thank you.

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 2:24 PM

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price:

Apple - Support - iPod - Repair pricing

A third-party place like this one might be able to replace the connector. You have to call them since that repair is not specifically listed. Google for more places.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2012 2:24 PM in response to DavidC.Clarke

Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price:

Apple - Support - iPod - Repair pricing

A third-party place like this one might be able to replace the connector. You have to call them since that repair is not specifically listed. Google for more places.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

iPod charger hole broken!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.