Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ram / memory

PLEASE help i have a macbook pro late 2011 500gb hard drive and 4 gb of ram and even once i quitted all of my applications on my mac i was using 2 gb of ram! i dont know if this is normal but right now i am just running safari with 1 tab open writing this and i am using 2.10 gb of ram so is this normal?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 3:56 PM

Yes it is normal. I have nothing running on my Mac. I'm on my Windows desktop at the moment and my MBP is sitting next to the desktop screens.

I have 8GBs of RAM installed and right now I have 6.07GBs of free RAM. That means I'm using 1.97GBs of RAM on the MBP with no porograms running.

12 replies

Jan 28, 2012 5:56 PM in response to nmash1937

nmash1937 wrote:

woah i have alot! is there suposed to be like 33 processes running?

I suspect you are not looking at all the processes. From the drop down list at the top right select All Processes.

If you do only have 33 running you are doing great in that area.

My system right now has 63. It drops to 59 sometimes and has been as high as 89 with a lot of programs open. Chrome being the biggest user most of the time.

Ram / memory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.