Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic bug ethernet network

if you record to an ethernet network drive logic will not update fade files. I have tried everything to make it happen but the reality is that logic has a bug that doesnt allow you to play back fade files on a network drive. does anyone out there have a workaround/ I have just paid a whole bunch of cash to have logic record over the ethernet network and it doesnt work. is there a workaround?

if anyone out there has an ethernet network please do a 'save as' with a project that has fades, copy it to the ethernet network drive and then close down your song and re open it from the network. it will give you an error message. fade files wont update.

soem people say this is a permissions error but the songs play fine on every other type of drive. final cut pro will play from the network, itunes plays from the network. LOGIC will paly from the network but the FADE FILES wont update.

Logic people, please give us an update. If the schools get a hold of this info they are not going to be too happy and Im $2500 into a ethernet network that logic cannot utilise.

iseas anyone? i would love to see this bug fixed or a workaround so i can use my drive.

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 5:46 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2012 6:10 AM in response to dunnery

Hi Dunnery. I'm looking at purchasing a network drive for multichannel audio record/playback from Logic Pro because my Macbook Pro only has a 128 GB SSD. While investigating the Synology range (probably the DS411j or DS411 Slim), I came across your post on several forums. Have you had any responses from other users on any forums you've posted on? I'd be very interested to see how you progress with this issue and would like to learn if you've encountered any other problems with your setup? I wonder if you'd get the same problem with your fades if you save the Logic project locally and only use the network to store/stream larger files (audio channels, samples, etc)? Would this keep the fade files on the local machine? Is this scenario possible? It might work for you.

Feb 2, 2012 6:45 AM in response to matbd

hi matbd, I think the synology DS411j is a great system, it does what it said it would. The write speed is around 30mbs so that maybe a little slow for some people but the read speed for me is around 80mbs which is great. No matter which raid system you purchase, Logic will not update fade files and since my last post I realize that it also wont update freeze files.

I dont think your workaround can work because I am not sure you can seperate the folder that the fade files write to from the audio files folder. When you record a song it puts everything in the same folder and Im not 'techy' enough to know how to seperate the different folders onto different drives. It may work if you can do it but im not sure how.

http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums/

I posted a message on this forum that ran quite some time. if you read it you will see the various responses I got.

Lastly, I am going to copy one of my songs with a fade file onto the raid, then copy it back to a different local drive to see if it will ressurect the fade files when it goes back to a local drive. If it can do this then at least you can store the files on the raid without damaging the fades.

i hope this answer was useful. if you hear anything else about this matter i would love to know what was said. have a fantastic day

francis

logic bug ethernet network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.