Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access iTunes account

I not only am unable to access my iTunes account (it shows that I've logged in, but when I try to access my account info, it just continuously asks for my login info and never seems to process it), but I can't redeem a gift card. I get a "Your request could not be completed" error message, with a reference to confirming my computer's date/time and a "more info" button that leads to a help piece for iTunes for Windows! (Umm....I'm a Mac guy).

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 7:19 PM

9 replies

Jul 29, 2012 7:20 PM in response to Robert Flint

did you resolve this problem? i know it's from january... but i am having the same problem now.

i log in just fine, but cannot access my account information. i can make a purchase however.

it just keeps asking me to sign in, with no error message... just the sign in screen (though it appears i am logged in)

this is also only a problem on my iMac, Lion 10.7.4, and i do have the latest version of itunes, too. This not an issue on macbook pro, which i did not yet upgrade to lion.

Jul 31, 2012 7:27 AM in response to Robert Flint

hi there. i think i actually fixed this. don't see how it worked, but... it's been almost two days now, so we'll see.

i had done a search and it said to go to safari and change the cookies setting...

before i switched the setting though, i removed all the cookies.

then i switched my setting from "block always" to block from "third parties and advertisers." it seemed to work.

it took a couple tries for the switch to stick (i checked it and it was still on always, so i switched it again, then it stayed)

i don't even use safari, so i don't know why that mattered.

it also seemed to fix my hotmail account... another strange thing.

i'm afraid to upgrade to mountain lion now... i wasn't totally pleased with lion, do you like mountain lion better?

Apr 4, 2015 10:45 PM in response to DocRawson

Fantastic! Thanks a lot. I spent one hour on the phone with Apple Support (in Germany) and we couldn't figure it out. This happened for me on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Lion and iTunes 12. Apple Support recommended that I uninstall and reinstall iTunes, which I did. It worked for one or two sessions, then the problem was back.

After applying the settings you mentioned in Safari, it works fine, at least for now.

Can't access iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.