Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipod 5g, I changed the hard drive for a compact flash adaptor. I want to restore it but my iTunes doesn't recognize it, it enters in disk mode, but after some time I connect it to the computer in disk mode the ipod restarts itself.

Also, I tried to connect to windows and Mac, on windows it apears as a device that can be ejected but not on "Computer" on the Mac it doesn't happen anything, if I connect the iPod to USB in normal mode I get the apple logo with "Please Wait ... Very Low Battery". What can I do ? Thanks.

iPod classic, 5g

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 12:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2012 2:47 AM in response to LinkSP

Have you recharge the battery for at least 2 hours, or just leave it connected for 4 hours?

(When you replaced the Hardisk, you should also replace the battery.)

Some other iPod SSD sites, says that you may have to format the CF in FAT32, as Mac dont read NTFS drive so if Windows is the 1st PC that your CF is connected, it may be formatted to NTFS.

You can try erasing the CF using Disk Utilty, so that Mac can recognise it. (but not Windows)

Have a nice day!

I have an ipod 5g, I changed the hard drive for a compact flash adaptor. I want to restore it but my iTunes doesn't recognize it, it enters in disk mode, but after some time I connect it to the computer in disk mode the ipod restarts itself.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.