Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 13019

I have read other discussions about this error but it won't go away. I have tried reinstalling itunes as well as unchecking both music and voice memos (of which i have none) and syncing and resyncing.

The strange thing is that on the lef tab, under my ipod, it says that all the music is on there, yet on the ipod itself it only syncs the apps!

PLEASE say someone can help, I've literally tried everything!

Thanks x

iPod touch, Windows Vista

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 1:02 PM

23 replies

Jan 31, 2012 2:14 PM in response to Alexandra92

Ive fixed this issue before. The steps are kinda long but they work.

This is for windows computers with iPod nano that get the error 13019 during or after a sync with iTunes.

-Open itunes

--click, edit, click preferences

--select advanced

---make a note of the iTunes media folder location on a notepad.

---put a check in organize files

---take the check out of copy files

---click ok

--Click file, at the top of iTunes

--move mouse over library, select organize, and consolidate files. ( This ensures all music in you iTunes will be in the iTunes media folder later.)

At this point, if you have playlists you want to save:

-Create a folder on your desktop, call it, playlists

--Hover you mouse over your playlist in iTunes, should be at the bottom of the blue/grey column on the left.

--right click the playlist, select export playlist

--Navigate to your desktop and open the playlist folder and save.

---Do this for each playlist you want to save

-Close itunes

-Click your start button, and open computer or my computer

--Using what you wrote down on your note pad, follow the path to the "iTunes folder", NOT the iTunes media folder

--Open the iTunes folder.

--Stop here

-You will see icons that look like folders and you will see icons that look like files-

-You will KEEP the FOLDERS

-You will DELETE the FILES

--If it makes you more comfortable you can cut the files out and paste on your desktop, but as of now we do not need the files any longer as we have the playlists backed up. Remember-Keep the folders.

--That was the magic--

-Disconnect your iPod if connected.

-When you open your iTunes, it will be empty, that is OK. We are recreating the library. Everything will come back in a few seconds.

-Click file at the top

--Select, add FOLDER to library, not to be confused with add file.

--In the window that pops up, locate and click on computer or my computer

--From here follow the path to the iTunes media folder on your note pad, but do not open the iTunes media folder.

--Click the iTunes music/media folder one time so it highlights.

--On the bottom right you will have option to select folder, or choose folder or OK. Hit that button.

All you music will start to import back into iTunes.

-Plug in iPod after completed

--a message pops up about being synced with a different library.

--Click erase and sync

--Watch all your songs go on your iPod with no error message.

From here you may sync your iPod the way you want with out worrying about the persnickety error 13019!!!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Julian

p.s. Follow the directions exactly.

Feb 4, 2012 2:13 PM in response to julianfrommeridian

Before I try this I have a question, please. Does this process apply to the items that iTunes shows as being on my iPod? The items shown as being on my iPod are not all there. When I look at the iPod in My Computer thyere are even fewer items shown. I do not have any of the iTunes items on my computer, having deleted them when I saw them on iTunes. I am deathly afraid of losing everything if I follow your solution. I have reloaded iTunes 10 onto my computer - running Windows 7. What will happen if I reload the iPod program? Will I lose everything? Yes, I am confused and miserable, and deserately in need of you help. TIA for your assistance!!

Mark

Feb 9, 2012 4:17 PM in response to julianfrommeridian

Hi Julian,

A question on your instructions.

The folder that I took note of was the C:users, me, music, itunes, itunes media, .......itunes media being the last one... do you mean to delete the files in the previous folder "itunes" which includes the following files.

iT.tmp

iTunes Library Extras.itdb

iTunes Library Genius.itdb

iTunes Library.itl

iTunes Music Library.xml

sentinel

Temp File 1.tmp

Temp File 2.tmp

Temp File.tmp

as these are the only files in this folder. apart from the other folders

Album Artwork, itunes media, mobile applications and previous itunes libraries

Thanks

daithim

Feb 12, 2012 10:51 AM in response to 70kram

To 7kram,

With what i just read from you, following my steps would make it so that if there are other "floating" song files in your computer that are not in the itunes media folder or on your ipod, it would copy the files into the the media folder. (The itunes media folder is the folder that holds all of your music files)

If you are missing files in your library, you can re import the cds, or re download them from itunes if purchased.

After your library looks like it has everything, then you can follow the steps listed above, with out the fear of loosing anything, since its all in the media folder.

What will happen if you reload the ipod program? I dont know of any other program other than itunes. If you reload itunes then all your music will come back. If not, add the folder that has the music. Click File then add folder to library. Then select the folder that has the music. It will reload in itunes.

If you are really unsure, you can call Apple @ 1800 MY APPLE.

Hope this helps.

~Julian

Feb 12, 2012 10:55 AM in response to daithim

To daithim,

Thank you for the question. You are correct, for the step you are at now, the folder titled "itunes" is the folder you want to be in, NOT "itunes media".

You did list the correct files to delete or cut and paste to a different location. This will lead you to a resolution. REMEMBER keep the folders.

Hope this helps.

~Julian

Feb 24, 2012 6:30 PM in response to julianfrommeridian

Hi,

I'm new to the apple forum and wanted to clarify something about the 13019 error before attempting the fix procedure, as it (the fix) will be difficult for me as a non-techie.... 😀

I always manage music manually, so there should be no automatically syncing, other than Itunes identifying my nano.

The Nano worked fine, on both my macbook and windows machines for a few months. Then a few days ago after adding more music from the Mac, it appeared to transfer the music succesfully, and was only at the very end it gave me the sync error. Here's the really wierd part (for me, anyway!) I checked my nano music under "devices," and the music I transferred DOES show up on the device in Itunes, but when using the nano by itself, the music does not appear. I didn't realize this until after I'd "transferred" about a dozen albums, thinking that if the music showed up on the nano in itunes, the sync error must be an anomaly. Of course now I realize that none of that transferred music shows up on the nano. Even though the music is "invisible" on the nano, the storage usage for music on the nano increased, as I would have expected after adding that much music.

Is the fix procedure okay if my preference is to manage the music manually?

Thank you! 🙂

Feb 26, 2012 1:34 PM in response to FLorangeblossom

Hello FLorangelblossom,

In responce to your question: "Is the fix procedure okay if my preference is to manage the music manually?"

Yes.

This will fix the issue. The two are unrelated things all together. The cause of the issue seems to be a corrupted itunes library file or song file. The prefrence of manually managing has nothing to do with that.

You are good to go.

Hope this helps.

~Julian

Error 13019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.