Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 constantly has "no service"

got an iphone 4, updated on the latest firmware 5.0.1, its currently locked on O2. It was working fine with no problems up until about a week ago, on the odd occasion my service comes back, but even still the connection is fairly poor, and the 3G is temperamental, comes and goes. Even when im travelling through different areas the problem still occurs so it cant be O2 as its highly unlikely that all there network towers are down, for example i live in london, a couple of days ago i was in cardiff, and the problem had still occured "no service". Even still O2 have confirmed there network towers in my local area are up and running. Ive tried various things on the phone itself such as switching carrier to "manual", turning on/off data roaming, mobile data ETC..

Any ideas?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 1:43 PM

8 replies

Jan 29, 2012 1:49 PM in response to horyna

I was having slow data connections last week - sometimes no data access at all for brief periods while my iPhone 4S showed 4 bars of reception via 3G.

I called AT&T which checked for any reported problems with towers in my area and found none. AT&T reset my connection which required having my iPhone powered off. Took less than a minute. I called from a landline.

After powering my iPhone back on, everything was back to normal.

If not, I was instructed to resert network settings on my iPhone and if no change after that, the next step would likely be getting a new SIM card. I haven't had to do either one.

Feb 11, 2012 3:39 PM in response to horyna

Hi there,

I found a solution for my iPhone 4 with no service!!

I bought the phone about a week ago with a broken screen, so i repaired it and it worked fine!! I then realised it was locked to Vodafone so jailbroke it hoping to be able to unlock it. When jailbreaking the phone it avoided having to activate it which i think caused the issue. Any way ultrasnow haddent released an unlock for 04.11.08 baseband so i decided to just get a free micro sim from vodafone. Once recieved i restored my iPhone to factory default (5.0.1) with the new micro sim in and hey presto it picked up signal just like that!!

So the main point it:

If your jailbroken and your having issues then restore and activate the phone with the orignal carrier sim card!!

Hope this helps some people!

Iphone 4 constantly has "no service"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.