Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help port mapping for lorex security system

i need to find out how to do my port mappping, not sure what to put in the fields . trying to set up for remote viewing. i have ddns set up, but need port mapping

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 6:18 PM

9 replies

Jan 30, 2012 9:04 AM in response to Michele Howe

The following are the basics for setting up an 802.11n AirPort for port mapping/forwarding:

Port Mapping Setup

To setup port mapping on an 802.11n AirPort connect to the AirPort's wireless network, and then use the AirPort Utility, in Manual Setup, to make these settings:

1. Reserve a DHCP-provided IP address for the host device.

AirPort Utility > Select the AirPort > Manual Setup > Internet > DHCP tab

• On the DHCP tab, click the "+" (Add) button to enter DHCP Reservations.
  • Description: <enter the desired description of the host device>
  • Reserve address by: MAC Address
  • Click Continue.
  • MAC Address: <enter the MAC hardware address of the Lorex security system device>
  • IPv4 Address: <enter the desired IP address>
  • Click Done.

2. Setup Port Mapping on the AirPort.

AirPort Utility > Select the AirPort > Manual Setup >Advanced > Port Mapping tab

• Click the "+" (Add) button
  • Service: <you can safely ignore this option as you will be making custom port mapping choices for your security device>
  • Public UDP Port(s): <enter the appropriate UDP port values>
  • Public TCP Port(s): <enter the appropriate TCP port values>
  • Private IP Address: <enter the IP address of the Lorex security system device>
  • Private UDP Port(s): <enter the same as Public UDP Ports or your choice>
  • Private TCP Port(s): <enter the same as Public TCP Ports or your choice>
  • Click "Continue"

Jan 30, 2012 1:21 PM in response to Tesserax

IPv4 Address: <enter the desired IP address>(ip address of lorex??)

• Public UDP Port(s): <enter the appropriate UDP port values>(not sure were to get this? )
  • Public TCP Port(s): <enter the appropriate TCP port values>(not sure were to get this?)

• Click Continue.
  • MAC Address: <enter the MAC hardware address of the Lorex security system device>
  • IPv4 Address: <enter the desired IP address>(ip address of lorex??)
  • Click Done.

2. Setup Port Mapping on the AirPort.AirPort Utility > Select the AirPort > Manual Setup >Advanced > Port Mapping tab

• Click the "+" (Add) button
  • Service: <you can safely ignore this option as you will be making custom port mapping choices for your security device>
  • Public UDP Port(s): <enter the appropriate UDP port values>(not sure were to get this? )
  • Public TCP Port(s): <enter the appropriate TCP port values>(not sure were to get this?)
  • Private IP Address: <enter the IP address of the Lorex security system device>
  • Private UDP Port(s): <enter the same as Public UDP Ports or your choice>
  • Private TCP Port(s): <enter the same as Public TCP Ports or your choice>
  • Click "Continue"

Jan 30, 2012 1:52 PM in response to Michele Howe

IPv4 Address: <enter the desired IP address>(ip address of lorex??)

Yes. This would be the Private (LAN-side) IP address that you would assign the lorex.

lorex would need to provide you with the required UDP and/or TCP ports that need to be mapped from the Internet. For example, if the lorex used a web-based interface, this would require TCP port 80 to be mapped.

• Click Continue.
  • IPv4 Address: <enter the desired IP address>(ip address of lorex??)
  • Click Done.

The whole idea behind this section it that the AirPort can reserve one of it dynamic IP addresses for your lorex device. That way it won't accidently hand out the same address to any other network client. Again, here you would choose which of the dynamic IP addresses that you want to reserve. By default, the DHCP server service provides Private IP addresses in the range of 10.0.1.2 thru 10.0.1.200. You would then select one of these for the reserved IP address for the lorex.

Again, lorex would have to provide you with the required ports.

Nov 18, 2012 11:19 PM in response to Tesserax

Took awhile to figure it out and set up Port Mapping on Apple Time Capsule for Lorex LH130 system becaue Apple routers are not on its Auto Port Mapping software CD. Therefore had to do it manually.

Followed the steps here ..had to figure out some other stuff ..

Aiport Utility -> Network

For "DHCP Reservations" - i used the IP address which was in the Lorex DVR system, the MAC address is also in the DVR system..all in the main menu.

For "Port Settings" - used Personal Web Sharing

- then inserted "80, 9000, 1025" into the Public TCP Ports and Private TCP Ports entries

- then inserted the same Lorex DVR IP address into the "Private IP Address" entry

then update and it all worked after that.

If I had to do it again...it would now only take 5min.

Jun 30, 2013 3:59 PM in response to GIjbop

Hi Gljbop,

I am actually trying to setup this with my Lorex LHD100 to work with my new apple router.

I am using a static IP address within the DHCP range and I think that I properly configured most of the options in the Airport Utility. However, I do not have a MAC address field to enter.

I was just wondering about the TCP/UDP ports that we have to configure for the port forwarding. It keeps on failing on my Camera hub. This is the default ports listed on my camera:

Client port: 3000

Web server port:8585

I have inserted as you mentionned above all of those required ports in the TCP/UDP Public and Private fields. I have tried different combinations that are not working so far.

- "80, 3000, 8585" into Public TCP Ports and Private TCP Ports

Also tried the same for UDP.

I also tried your ports listed above since I figured they could be equivalent on the apple router to the ones listed on the camera and it's not working as well.

Can you please tell me if you were mentionning the Client Port and the Web Server Port with the values 9000 and 1025?

Thanks,

help port mapping for lorex security system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.