Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S will only "connect", but not "pair"...

... with my 2012 Subaru 2.5XT Touring. Posting on both Apple and Subaru sites. Any thoughts?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 6:07 PM

3 replies

Feb 7, 2012 12:10 PM in response to SDPO

I figured it out. You have to delete your old phone from both the BT Audio and the BT Phone menu. Delete your phone from the BT Audio menu, and then while still in the BT Audio menu, press the phone offhook button on the steering wheel controls. This will open up the BT Phone menu where you can now delete your old phone and pair you new one. Then go back to the BT Audio menu and pair the phone there too. A little bit of a runaround, but my iPhone 4S pairs and works like a charm now. It takes a few more seconds to be recognized when the car starts as compared to my 3GS, but I'm not complaining.

Mar 7, 2012 11:58 PM in response to ablysak

I was having the same difficulties and tried the suggestions of delecting the phone and also from the Audio menu renaming my phone. Going through the process my phone was paired with the bluetooth and does not need to be reset each time I get in the car like it had done for the past few days. (This was not the procedure I followed with my 3gs). Read in the manual the direction for the audio menu and also rename you phone, and it solved my problem....

iPhone 4S will only "connect", but not "pair"...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.